Here is a screenshot of my Symbaloo I created for the course I teach on environmentalism, organized by color according to which element of sustainability that is addressed, and containing links to websites, videos, and news aggregators that I find useful both for myself and the students who take my class.
For a guided video tour of my Symbaloo, click here.
Were I to share the Symbaloo with the class, I would have a single URL for them to refer to when searching for information pertinent to my class or to seek further information on a topic that piques their curiosity. Not only is Symbaloo useful for me, but I could assign students to create their own Symbaloo of websites they have found interesting and useful as they explore the various topics of sustainability we cover throughout the semester. They would have the ability to share their sites with others, and - most importantly in my eyes - have a way to keep working on their efforts toward becoming more sustainably minded world citizens.
No comments:
Post a Comment